Monday, March 28, 2016

Nomadic - Bucket List

Growing up, I was fortunate enough to have parents that not only moved us around to a few different places, but understood the benefit of and appreciated traveling. I cannot say how thankful I am for that, today. From NASA Space Centers, to Hemingway's house, we had some really awesome experiences. My brother Adam and I were the youngest of 8 kids, and got to go on quite a few trips where it was just the two of us with our parents (sorry other 6 siblings). One thing I loved is that if the city we were in had a Ripley's Believe It or Not, we went! I think we'd been to at least four or so. I remember when we went to Key West, Florida and all I wanted to do was go on one of the ghost tours. I remember thinking Key West was amazing, and unlike any other place I'd been at that time. I also remember going to several different restaurants- my mom on a mission to find the perfect piece of key lime pie. We stayed on beautiful Marco Island and I remember marveling at the white sand and perfectly blue waters. We took that trip when I was in third grade, I believe. I came back with a shirt that had a smiley face with dreadlocks, and it said "Smile, Mon". :)

Anyway...

This year while recounting all the states I've been to, and with the thought of how cool it'd be to see all fifty states by the time I'm fifty, I realized that if I started now (at 28) and go to one state a year that I haven't been to, I CAN SEE ALL FIFTY BY THE TIME I'M FIFTY! It works perfectly! So, I have about three months to see a new state because I'll be 29 in June but you better bet it's going to happen!






No comments:

Post a Comment